The course provides education in Transoral Robotic Surgery (TORS) focusing on the safe treatment of patients with upper aerodigestive benign & malignant disease. This course also provides basic system training in surgical robotics that focus on basic skills required to safely operate the Intuitive Surgical daVinci Surgical System.
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Translate the core robotic psychomotor skills that include; endowrist manipulation, camera navigation, instrument clutching, 4th arm application, energy application, needle driving, surgical knot tying, & suturing as it relates to the execution of these skills in the remote surgeon’s console of the robotic surgical platform.
- Recall and identify the general robotic platform components, settings, and features.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of each robotic surgical team member and demonstrate the proper setup of the robotic surgical platform.
- Identify the proper patient candidates for Transoral Robotic Surgery.
- Employ the proper robotic surgical technique in the following procedures; radical tonsillectomy, partial glossectomy, and supraglottic laryngectomy on a cadaveric model.
· Includes lectures, course-related materials, and course-related meals.
Ear, Nose, And Throat Surgeon, Fellow / Resident, Head and Neck
AdventHealth Orlando is accredited by the Florida Medical Association (FMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AdventHealth Orlando designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 31.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Non-Endorsement of Products
AdventHealth Orlando as an accredited provider, has demonstrated experience and viable resources to provide valid and reliable evaluation of CME activities. The accuracy of the facts and opinions contained in this activity are the responsibility of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of AdventHealth Orlando or its sponsors. Practitioners should consult primary resources, state regulations, and their healthcare facility policies and procedures for specific application of said content to their local situation. AdventHealth Orlando does not infer any real or implied endorsement of any product, service, or company neither referred to in this activity nor of any company subsidizing costs related to this activity. All information contained in this activity is for educational purposes only.
J. Scott Magnuson, MD (USA)
Chief Medical Officer
AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Director, Head & Neck Surgery