This course provides the technical skills necessary to safely assist surgeons during robotic procedures using the Intuitive Surgical da Vinci Robots. This course is designed to provide first assistants with practical experience in multi-port robotic concepts for both the Si and Xi platforms. This program only focuses on platform training in a dry lab setting.
Course participants will engage in:
- Detailed overview of instrumentation and equipment for both Xi and Si.
- Robotic platform setups (Si and Xi)
- Sterile draping for robotic platforms
- Docking and undocking
- Port placement (multi-port)
- Instrument insertion and removal (multi-port)
- Troubleshooting scenarios
- Communication protocols
Nurses, First Assistants, Surgical Assistant and Physician's Assistants: $495
Overview of Objectives:
- Recognize and describe the function and capabilities of robotic instrumentation, platforms, and accompanying equipment needed to complete multi-port robotic procedures.
- Demonstrate proper technique for the setup of both the Si and Xi robots including the sterile application of drape, patient cart positioning, and camera setup.
- Apply and demonstrate the fundamentals of port placement and docking for multi-port procedures.
- Recall and demonstrate the correct performance of instrument exchanges and arm manipulation as they relate to a robotic procedure.
- Apply decision-making and critical-thinking to safely approach troubleshooting and emergent situations.
This program only includes a dry lab. No wet lab participation will be offered.
Danielle Julian, MS
Director of Education and Training at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Babs Morrissiey, BS
Education Operations Manager at AdventHealth Nicholson Center
Kimberly Olivier Cedraro, MSN, RN, CNOR
Clinical Educator at AdventHealth Celebration
Robotic Surgery Faculty at AdventHealth Nicholson Center